Don’t miss the “Major Minor Week 2022” which will be held by the Academic Advising Office on 24 January – 28 January 2022. This comprehensive programme provides an online informative platform for you to explore different major and minor options both within and outside your home Faculties as well as obtaining advice to facilitate your decision making.
Opening Talk – “Your Studies and Career: What to Consider?”
Advisers from AAO and CEDARS (Careers and Placement Section) will help you understand the relationship between your studies and career, how to select majors/ minors and how to prepare for your career. Join the zoom talk and grasp an overview to kick start your journey with us in the Major Minor Week!
|Date:||24 January 2022 (Mon)|
|Time:||12:30pm – 2:00pm|
Who is it for?
For all undergraduate students, especially those from Year 1 and 2
Who will speak?
- Ms Alice Yeung, Administrative Assistant, Academic Advising Office
- Ms Jackie Lloyd, Senior Student Advising Officer, CEDARS (Careers and Placement Section)
What is it about?
- Steps to make Major / Minor selection
- Points to consider when making study and career choices
- Graduate employment statistics, career prospects, employer expectations, career and internship preparation
- Demonstration of the “What-If” system in SIS for checking study loads if changing Majors/ Minors
- Resources and support services offered by AAO and CEDARS (Careers and Placement Section)
Faculty-based Sharing Sessions
Every day of the week, AAO will invite senior students studying various majors/ minors to Zoom for experience sharing. Come meet them and get some practical advice. Faculty office staff will be joining as well to address your questions regarding requirements, policies and regulations. AAO Advisers will be hosting these sessions and share with you the tips and online tools for selecting Majors/ Minors. There will also be breakout sessions for Q&A on specific major/minor subjects.
|Date:||24 January – 28 January 2022|
|Time:||5:30pm – 6:30pm|
|24 January (Mon)||25 January (Tue)||26 January (Wed)||27 January (Thu)||28 January (Fri)|
Business and Economics
Common Core Office Sharing Session on Transdisciplinary Minors
|Date:||28 January 2022 (Fri)|
|Time:||12:30pm – 1:30pm|
*If you are interested in the minors offered by Architecture and Medicine, please indicate in the sign up form and your questions will be forwarded to these Faculties for answering. And if you have questions regarding minor programmes from Faculty of Education, please contact the Faculty Office directly.
We look forward to seeing you in this event!