25 January (Monday) to 29 January 2021 (Friday)
All on ZOOM!
What is it?
It is an event, spreading over 5 days online, to help students explore their Major/ Minor selection by:
- Sharing with them the factors to consider and tips
- Showing them the resources and tools
- Creating a platform for them to directly interact with Faculty administrators and senior students who are pursuing their interested Majors/ Minors
Who is it for?
All students who are exploring their Major/ Minor options, particularly those from year 1.
What activities will there be?
Opening Talk: “Your Studies and Career: What to Consider”, 12:30 pm, Jan 25
Jointly delivered by AAO and CEDARS (Careers and Placement), this talk will help you understand the relationship between your studies and career, and how to make suitable study decisions.
What are the topics?
- Steps to make Major / Minor selection
- Points to consider when making study and career choices
- Graduate employment statistics, career prospects, employer expectations, career preparation
- Demonstration of the “What-If” system in SIS for checking study loads if changing Majors/ Minors
- Resources and support services offered by AAO and CEDARS(Careers and Placement)
Who will speak?
- Ms. Rachel Hong, Acting Head, Academic Advising Office
- Ms Jackie Lloyd, Senior Student Advising Officer, CEDARS (Careers & Placement)
Faculty based Sharing Session: 5:30 pm – 6:30 pm, Jan 25 to Jan 29
To be held on ZOOM, AAO staff will first share with you the tips and tools for selecting majors/ minors, then Faculty administrators will attend to your enquiries on policies, requirements, regulations while senior students will also take your questions and share with you their first-hand experience and practical advice. For each day, there will be two concurrent sessions after AAO’s presentation of the major / minor selection tips. Please see below for details:
If you have questions regarding the minors offered by Architecture, Education, Medicine or the transdisciplinary minors by the Common Core, please send them to email@example.com or indicate in the following Google Form. We will direct you to the suitable senior students / administrators.