Year Two Tips


  • Transfer exchange credits – You might need to defer your graduation if you cannot transfer credits from your exchange. Hence consult your programme director/faculty course selection adviser about the courses you wish to take in exchange. Plan for alternative courses in case your intended courses are not being offered. Some HKU Faculties have credit transfer database listing out past credit transfer records for reference. Don’t forget to check the credit conversion to determine the number of courses that you need to take at the host university. If you have doubts on this, consult your Faculty Office.
  • Be careful with FY courses – Check your syllabus ahead of time whether you have FY (full-year) compulsory courses in year 2, 3 or 4. You would not want to commit to a semester-long internship or exchange and as a result unable to complete the FY course.