Temporary Academic Adviser System


Do you need help on deciding your major and minor?

It can be difficult to decide on a major and minor. Many talented students excel in several areas of study. Also, some students are uncertain about how a major and minor might connect with their long-term goals. If you need help in deciding on your major and minor, resources are available.

What are the available major and minor options?

There are a lot of options to select from. For a list of available majors and minors, please refer to https://aao.hku.hk/plan-of-study/major-and-minor/.

What is a Temporary Academic Adviser?

Temporary Academic Advisers are current teachers who specialize in helping students explore specific major minor options and answer questions related to that area of study. They, together with teachers and tutors in your department/faculty, can give you advise on your study.

You might benefit from requesting a Temporary Academic Adviser and contact him/her by e-mail if you:

  • have some ideas about the discipline you would like to pursue for a major and minor and need advice on deciding
  • feel you should explore the discipline further before making a decision
  • aspire to find out more information on curriculum requirements and further opportunities within the discipline

You can make use of this advising option through SIS. Check out this video to find out more.

To learn more about academic advising services, please contact AAO at aaoffice@hku.hk.